Watts & Watts: The Immigration Law Firm
Our Mission
About Us
Methods of Payment
Contact Us
Links of Interest
Disclaimer Notice























Areas of Practice



B-1/B-2 Visitor's Visa; B1 - Visitor for Business; B2 - Visitor for Pleasure
For coming to the U.S. for business or pleasure. B-1 business visitor visas are for brief visits and do not allow employment. Nationals of some countries are allowed to visit the U.S. for up to 90 days without a visa.

E1 - Treaty Trader; E2 - Treaty Investor
Investors/traders and their employees may receive visas to carry on their business in the U.S. if the home country has a commercial treaty with the United States conferring visa eligibility.

F1 - Academic Student
Persons doing a full course of study at an educational institution in the United States may be eligible for a visa for the course of their study and a period for practical training (P/T) in their field.

H1B - Specialty Occupation, DOD Employee
Professionals with at least a BA (bachelors or its equivalent work experience) may be eligible for a nonimmigrant visa. Their employers should demonstrate that they are paid the minimum prevailing wage for the job.

H-2A-Agricultural Labor
H-1A visas are for temporary or seasonal agricultural workers

H-2B-Other Temporary Labor
People providing temporary services or labor usually associated with one time occupancy, seasonal need, peakload need or intermittent need.

A person receiving training in any field of endeavor, i.e., agriculture, commerce, communications, finance, government, transportation, for the professions, as well as training in a purely industrial establishment, excluding physicians.

I-Representatives of the Media
Individuals working on temporary assignments.

J - Exchange Visitor
People coming to the U.S. through an approved exchange program may be eligible for the J-1 Exchange Visitor's visa. These are students, scholars, job trainees, faculty, professors and research scholars, specialists, government visitors etc. Sometimes, a J-1 program will require that the beneficiary spend at least two years outside of the U.S. before being permitted to switch to a different nonimmigrant visa or to permanent residency.

K - Fiancé/e of US Citizen
A Fiancée) of a U.S. citizen is eligible for a nonimmigrant visa on the conclusion of the marriage within 90 days.

L - Intra Company Transferee
L-1 visas are available to executives, managers and specialized employees moving to their employer's U.S. affiliate sites. Executives and managers holding L-1 visas may be eligible for permanent residency without the need for a labor Certification.

M-Vocational Student
Used by students attending a vocational high school, community college, or junior college which provides non-academic training, excluding language training. 

O1, O2 - Extraordinary Ability
The O-1 category is for foreign nationals with extraordinary ability. They are entertainers, athletes, scientists, business people etc.

P1, P2, P3 - Athletes and Group Entertainers
For athletes, artists and entertainers.

Q-International, Cultural Exchange Program
Individuals participating in practical training, employment, and the sharing of the history, culture and traditions of the country of the alien's nationality.

R - Religious Vocation
Religious workers apply for the R-1 visa.

TN - Trade NAFTA Professionals
A special visa category for nationals of Canada/ Mexico under the North American Free Trade Agreement and the United States-Canada Free Trade Agreement.

Dependents of the Above

Home || About || Mission || MOP ||  Disclaimer ||  Links || Contact

Next Page

The information provided above is of a general nature and may not apply to any particular set of facts and/or circumstances.  It should not be considered as legal advice and does not constitute an engagement of the firm of Watts & Watts or establish an attorney-client relationship

© Copyright 2000 Watts & Watts

Maintained & Hosted by Internet Technologies of Savannah,
a division of SYSTEMS CONNECT, Inc.
For further information, contact webmaster@sysconn.com
This site and its contents Copyright © 1999 by Systems Connect, Inc. All rights reserved.